PSS 3 ECO-EFFECTIVE TECHNOLOGIES in the generation, transmission, distribution and consumption of energy and fuels and in construction.
This Smart Specialization was established to build and reinforce the competitiveness of business entities focusing on the development of new products and services based on the results of R&D and implementation work, including in the field of improving distribution efficiency, generating and processing energy, extracting raw materials and processing of fuels and reducing the impact on the natural environment. Pomorskie Voivodeship Board signed agreements with 47 stakeholders in the purpose to make of potential of the Pomorskie Region in areas of Eco-Effective Technologies, closer cooperation of economic, education and administration sectors. All of them have declared to cooperate and develop PSS 3 to more effective realization objective in areas as:
- Improvement of energy efficiency in construction and industry (materials and technologies for active and passive methods for storage of heat and cold, development of energy management systems, technologies in industrial processes).
- Renewable energy sources, distributed generation and prosumer energy (new technologies and systems for the generation, storage and consumption of electricity, heat or cold, use of waste heat for energy production, development and improvement of tools for calculating energy production from renewable energy sources)
- “Smart grid” technologies in energy distribution (systems, products and solutions from the "virtual power plants", solutions increase the reliability of supply, applications and safety of the distribution network, comprehensive solutions and systems for measuring and assessing electricity quality parameters).
- Energy storage (improving the efficiency and durability of energy storage systems, energy storage management systems, research and implementation of new materials and technologies for energy storage systems and use of building infrastructure)
- Means of transport with an alternative drive (systems for managing points of transport loading, systems and devices for bi-directional flow of energy between the electric vehicle and the electricity grid, technologies, products and solutions for electric and hybrid vehicles)
- Prospecting for, extracting and processing energy resources (techniques and methods of hydrocarbon exploration, the use of waste or by-products from processes)
All action leads to providing new efficient technologies and systems for improving the management of energy. Also, it supports using alternative drive energy, providing new technologies of bio-petrol production. There are concentrated on sourcing of energy from biological waste without influence on the natural and social environment. The example of PSS 3 partnership is Smart Energy and Fuel Technologies, under the leadership of ENERGA S.A.
Author: Stażysta Bruksela
The entity issuing the document:
Created: November 5, 2019
Updated: November 5, 2019